News and Updates
Revised Anti Money Laundering (AMLA) Regulations, 2012 were printed in the Government Gazette on 7/Sep/2012.
Prevention of Terrorism (POTA) Regulations, 2012 were printed in the Government Gazette on
New FATF Recommendations, 2012 were printed in May, 2012.
Anti Money Laundering (Amendment) Act, 2012 was
signed on 20/Feb/2012, printed in Government Gazette on
5. Anti-Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2012, passed by Parliament. - 3/Feb/2012
6. The FIU issues Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines to CMSA Licensees and to Collective Investment Schemes - 30/Jan/2012
7. Dr. Shein, President of Zanzibar, signs the The Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendment)
Act No. 12 of 2011 (Includes Amendment of the Anti Money Laundering
and Proceeds of Crime Act, No. 10 of 2009) - 6/Dec/2011
8. Prevention of Terrorism Regulations published - 28/Oct/2011
9. Tanzania FIU and UK FIU - SOCA Sign MOU - 27/Sep/2011
The Tanzania Financial Intelligence Unit (TZ FIU) and the UK
Serious Organised Crime Agency, Financial Intelligence Unit
(UK FIU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to
cooperate and exchange information and intelligence. The MOU
was signed at the Ministry of Finance in Dar es salaam on 27
September, 2011 by Mr. Herman Kessy
(left) for TZ FIU and Mr. Barry Ellis for UK FIU.
New FIU Website - 17/Feb/2011